Lemons were first grown in northern Burma (Myanmar) and China. Tree of the Golden Apples-LEMON
Lemon originates from Asia.Lemon tree is an evergreen plant,medium sized tree that can reach 20 feet in height –very popular fruit that people use in small quantities and it is important part of human diet.Lemons are rarely consumed alone because their sour flavor. Various types of insects are in charge for the pollination of flowers.
Amazing Benefits of Lemon–
The benefits of lemons just keep on coming
Consuming a range of fruits and vegetables appears to reduce the risk of many lifestyle-related health conditions as a good source of vitamin C, flavonoids or antioxidants.
- Lemon lower stroke risk
- Blood purifier, improves the body’s ability to expel toxin.
- One of the most powerful natural styptics, use on cuts and grazes to stop bleeding.
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties. Lemons are excellent for halting the progression of infections
- Controls bladder and kidney infection.
- Drink lemon juice in hot or warm water first thing in the morning as a liver tonic.
- Lemon juice taken in hot water will ease stomach acidity;
- Lemon strengthens the immune system and helps relive the symptoms of cold and flue.
- Add slices of lemon to food on a daily basis to strengthen the circulatory system.
- Juice of lemon mixed with warm water can be used as a home-made remedy for sore throat.
- Lemons are excellent for your hair.
- Regular intake of fresh lemons may be useful in the treatment of hemorrhoids and kidney stones-also for varicose veins.
Tree of the Golden Apples-LEMON
Lemons are a hybrid between a sour orange and a citron.Lemon trees produce fruit all year round. Certain types of lemon bloom all year round and produce 500 to 600 pounds (226 -272 kg) of fruit per tree each year.
Grated rinds,zest is often used in baking.
You can use lemon as cleaning agent. Slice of lemon dipped in a baking powder removes stains and enhances luster of copper cookware. The high acidity of lemons make them good cleaning aids.
Leaves of lemon tree can be used to make tea.
Squeezed lemon juice is used for the preparation of lemonade, cocktails and as a meat marinade (especially for fish).
Lemon fruit is used in the production of marmalade and alcoholic beverages, such as vodka.
California and Arizona produces most of the United States’ lemon crop.(Eureka & Lisbon) The most common types of lemons are the Meyer, Eureka, and Lisbon lemons.
Juice of lemon is used for lighting of blonde hair and for the cleaning of the skin (in the form of facial mask).
Wine is no friend to lemon.
Oil extracted from the lemon skin contains chemicals which repel insects and is used as non-toxic insecticide.
Photo credit; pixabay.com
SOURCE: “BOOK OF HEALING REMEDIES“