Almond Chocolate Torte
225 g or 8 oz bittersweet chocolate
3. Tbs water
¾. Butter softened
¾. Cup brown sugar
¼. Cup ground almonds
3. Tbs self-rising flour
5. Eggs separated
3. Tbs Self-rising flour*
¾. Finely chopped blanched almonds**
Confectioners sugar for dusting
Directions for Almond Chocolate Torte
- First grease a 9-inch/23 cm cake pan with butter and line the bottom with baking parchment paper. Set aside.
- Secondly, in a pan over low heat, melt the chocolate with the water, until smooth,then add sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Add remaining butter slowly until it has melted into the chocolate, lightly stir in the ground almonds and flour. Add the egg yolks one at a time beating well, after each addition.
- Whisk the egg whites until they stand in soft peaks then fold them into chocolate mixture.Stir in the chopped almonds. Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake in a preheat oven 350 F/ 180 C, for 40-45 minutes (cake will crack on the surface)
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner sugar or serve with whip cream or vanilla ice cream, optional- ENJOY
Recipe Notes :Tip
*(How to make your own Self-rising flour-, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1½ teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt)
** How to blanch almonds–bring a small pot of water to a boil. Place your raw almonds into the boiling water. Let them boil for exactly one minute, drain the almonds and rinse them with cold water to cool them)
Calories 399, Sugars 30 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 28 g, Carbohydrate 36 g, Saturates 14 g
Photo Credit: Unsplash.com