Here are some ways to make healthy changes in your eating habits: A healthy habit is any behavior that benefits your emotional, physical, and mental health. These habits improve your overall well-being and make you feel good. 35 HEALTHY HABITS FOR A HEALTHY LIFE
Here are some benefits of a healthy lifestyle–
01. Enjoy eggs. Don’t be afraid of eggs. Egg yolks have taken a beating lately because of their high cholesterol content, but eggs contribute healthy things Vitamins A, B, D, E, folate, protein, and unsaturated fats. Go ahead and indulge in that two egg omelet as long as you cut back on meat and whole dairy products the rest of the week.
02. Lemon water is great first thing in the morning Along with the weight loss benefits, drinking warm lemon water every morning also has numerous other benefits. As a rich source of vitamin C, lemon juice protects the body from Immune system deficiencies. Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body.
03. Toss some blueberries in your morning cereal, yogurt, pancake mix or ice cream. Blueberries are highly nutritious and among the world’s most powerful sources of antioxidants.
04. Stuff bell peppers with rice, lean ground turkey and tomato sauce, or cooked rice. You can stuffed them also with mashed potato. You can cook then in a muffin tin to help the peppers hold their shape. Lean ground turkey makes a moist, low-fat substitute for the ground beef that’s found in stuffed pepper filling.
05. Don’t smother your baked potato with butter or sour cream. Instead try topping it with salsa or even low fat chili.
06. Avoid Processed Food. Processed food is blamed for obesity epidemic, the rise of Type 2 Diabetes and for high blood pressure, but remember any time we cook, we’re processing our food. We just have to to sort the nutritious from the not-so-nutritious and look for Sodium, Fat and hidden Sugar.
07. Bake your own bread and add seeds, fruits or vegetable for good taste and better nutrition.
35 HEALTHY HABITS FOR A HEALTHY LIFE
08. ”Fat Free Food” don’t be fooled because many of them are still high in calories.
09. Always FOCUS on your food. You’ll eat less and enjoy your food more if You DON’ T eat while working, watching TV or eating in front of your laptop!
10. Add wild or brown rice to soups or casseroles for more fiber and nutrition.
11. Microwave your vegetables to retain more of their minerals and vitamins.
12. Water, water, water-you body needs water at least 6 glasses a day.
13. Sprinkle flax seeds on cereals, soups, salads.
14. Green tea– drinking green tea with your meal helps boost your metabolism, which means you burn calories faster – in addition green tea helps you lose extra water weight.
15. Ditch high calorie drinks you can put on pounds without realizing it by drinking high calorie beverages!
16. Put spinach on your sandwich instead of lettuce – spinach is more nutrition.
17. Nuts are high in fat, but they also get high marks for nutrition so include them in your diet. A healthy daily intake of nuts is (a small handful) 20-30 grams.
18. Shake off your taste for salt – play it safe for the sake of your heart and your bones. To eat less salt you’ll have to do more cooking at home, but you’ll be healthier for it. Try using half the salt called for in the recipe. You can always add a bit at the table. Remember to check your drinks- a 12 oz can of cola contains about 50 mg of sodium!
19. Use olive oil – instead of vegetables oil or animal oils. Olive Oil is rich in healthy Monounsaturated Fats, contains large amounts of Antioxidants, has strong Anti-Inflammatory properties, may prevent strokes and is protective against heart disease.
20. Add vegetable to the grill, peppers, potato, broccoli, carrots asparagus, onion, mushroom, squash, eggplant. The more veggies or fruits you eat the stronger your bones.
21. You’ll be able to use less fat when cooking if you invest in a good set of nonstick cookware.
35 HEALTHY HABITS FOR A HEALTHY LIFE
22. If you chill soups and stews most of the fat will solidify on top. Skim off the solid fat, and then heat and eat.
23. Eat a turkey sandwich after you work out if you want your muscle heal to recover faster.
24. Eat Green – Smell Clean! Green leafy vegetables are rich in chlorophyll which has a powerful deodorizing effect in your body.
25. Chicken soup as a cold remedy! Chicken soup is good for soothing cold and flu symptoms. The hot soup helps break up the congestion. A scientific study found that chicken soup has anti-inflammatory properties. Chicken soup is recommended as an excellent food as a handful of scientific studies show that chicken soup really could have medicinal value well as medication.
26. Canned fruit is nutritious just make sure you buy the kind packed in its own juice.
27.Eat your garnish. Restaurant often pretty up your plate with parsley, tomato, kale, broccoli, cucumbers. Eat them, they are so good for your health.
28. Instead of mayonnaise, butter or cream cheese try using mashed avocado as a spread.
29. Heat enhances the sweet taste of food, so if you serve sweet foods warm, you may be able to add less sugar.
30. Jello is good for weight loss, aside from being a tasty low-calorie snack, In fact, gelatin has been used as a remedy for diabetes for over 100 years! The benefits of eating jello – Strengthen bones, teeth, and cartilage. Supports muscle formation,healing to the digestive tract. It’s full of collagen, which helps reduce wrinkles and cellulite.
31. Drink Beet Juice. Beets are an excellent food to include in most diets especially the greens. They are an excellent source of folate they are a good source of dietary fiber, calcium, tryptophan, iron, copper, and phosphorus, high amount of Vitamin B complex, Vitamins A and C
32. Eat pomegranate daily. One pomegranate contains 45 % of your daily recommended intake of fiber. Being rich in anti-inflammatory compounds, pomegranates are extremely healthy for those suffering from immune-related disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis and so much more.
33.Take garlic everyday-Garlic contains compounds with potent medicinal properties and is highly nutritious. Garlic can combat sickness-including the common cold, the active compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure., and improves cholesterol levels.
34. Grill fish by wrapping in foil with a little lemon juice and herbs.
35. Substitute unsweetened applesauce for up to half the butter or oil called for in your baking recipes.
Healthy habits are hard to develop and often require changing your mindset. But if you’re willing to make sacrifices to better your health, the impact can be far-reaching, regardless of your age, sex, or physical ability.
Source:”Home Remedies & Everyday Tips”